Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Clay Sannar

I'm sure most people have heard about the tragic murder of LDS Bishop Clay Sannar. He and his family are from my small town of Gridley, and more importantly are my cousins. We grew up working on our grandfathers' peach farms together, and although he was much older than me (or so it seemed at that young age) I have fond memories of peach fights with the Sannar boys, and of swimming at Aunt Maureen's pool.

Please donate to help his widowed wife and six children:

http://pledgie.com/campaigns/12975

My thoughts, love, and prayers are with the Sannar and Daddow families at this time.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

I was saddened to hear of this. My mom sent me an email with news of this, I then saw your status on facebook and immediately went to check out your blog. I am even more sad to read that the Bishop was your cousin.

Ashley said...

This breaks my heart, it is just terrible. I'm sorry that it hits a little more close to home for you. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Chelsi said...

I heard about that and I can;t believe how awful it is. so sorry to hear he is your cousin. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family

SJ said...

Wow, Taryn. So tragic . . .

Buy-Injectable-Steroids said...

i still cannot believe..that`s so tragic...