Thursday, April 07, 2011

Nursery

Finally we own a home where we can paint or wallpaper, or decorate to our heart's content. And I am determined to have a girly girly nursery. I had my heart set on wallpaper, then discovered the limited selection and the price - wow. More than I wanted to spend on just the wall treatment. So then I decided to find a fabric I loved and do the starch to the wall method. Problem is, I was having a hard time finding a fabric I loved. Now I think our best [and cheapest] solution is a stencil. Thanks to Kelly's suggestion to check www.littlegreennotebook.com for the stencil post - I am totally inspired.

Etsy has a ton of stencils and I think my favorite is this one:

Although there are a ton of beautiful ones...these are some of my other favs:

3 comments:

Jolanda said...

Oh I love it! I've seen a bunch of people do those on blogs and it always looks so classy and elegant. It will look so pretty in your nursery! Thanks for sharing the links...I may just have to buy the large damask one for my piano room if I ever get the wood molding done :)

Artsy Aut said...

These stensils are great! Such a good idea. I will have to remember this when I get my own house! Cant wait to see what you do in the nursery! Congratulations on a little girl!!

Amanda said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the room! I love the look and idea of wall stencils.