Thursday, September 18, 2008

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mine grows in mis-matched pots on our back "porch". I planted red lettuce, butter lettuce, peppers, cilantro, sweet basil, lemon basil, mint, brocolli, and sweet peas. It's not an extremely impressive garden, but it's my first one and I love it with all my heart :) Cross your fingers it all lives!
I would like to give a public shout-out of thanks to my husband for driving me to home depot and nurseries numerous times, helping me deliberate over which soil to choose, and actually spending the money on pots and plants. Don't be too impressed by the greenery...we bought most everything as starters...but these little beauties below (the tiny things next to the lettuce that actually just look like weeds) are my first seeds coming up. My darling little radishes.

And that's all the blogging you'll get from me...because I'm supposed to be job searching. Why doesn't anyone out there want to pay me to sit around my house and sew all day. And maybe read a novel or two as well. That would be my kind of "angel investor".

5 comments:

Tanis said...

well Taryn all you need to do is move to canada and have a baby. then you will get paid to sit around and play with your cute little one and read while they nap-or nap yourself...or sew.
its a pretty sweet deal!
ps your trip looked amazing!

Rachel said...

I tried gardening for the first time this year too and it turned out really well. I was surprised because I have successfully managed to kill all indoor plants I have ever owned:) But those fresh herbs and vegetables are so great to have. Hope it goes well for you.

Oh and apparently I missed something because I thought Brendon was going to Berkley????

Katie said...

that's a garden with character!

Caroline said...

What a fun garden. I would definately kill it in the first week. I leave the gardening to my hubby. As well as the watering of our plants, feeding of our fish and cats. My children are lucky I have brains enough to feed them. Sometimes, Justin is left to do that too. Just kidding. :) The garden is adorable.

I was just watching a gardening clip on the news the other day. I hear that fresh grown lettuce is much more tender out of a garden. I want some for some yummy salads.

Anne said...

I know where you live and I'm gonna steal some salad ingredients. heheheheh