Monday, December 15, 2008

Details

Thank you for all of your congratulations and support. We are very excited. Brendon can't wait to be a Dad and I've always known Motherhood would be the most fulfilling role for me.

Due Date: July 17th. We have always wanted a July baby (4th of July is our favorite holiday), so we are so grateful it worked out so perfectly.

Gender: We aren't going to find out (I know! Call me crazy...but I LOVE surprises) so you'll have to wait until July to find out. Yes, we do realize this means we'll get lots of green and yellow stuff...but it's worth it. You are welcome to make your predictions...I find it very amusing and fun.

Pregnancy: So that makes me a little over 9 weeks along. I feel surprisingly great. I have had just a few episodes of nausea, but mostly just sluggishness and laziness. I am usually a pretty energetic person and lately I just don't feel like jumping out of bed and attacking my day like I used to.

p.s. We have had our girl name picked out since we got married, but I am struggling with boy names. My criteria is that names be somewhat rare with no risk of becoming trendy, but I don't want them to sound made up. If you come across any cool ones let me know.

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats Taryn! That is so exciting. I am really happy for you. And yes, I do think you are crazy for waiting:) jk, you are way more patient than I am, that's for sure.

Katie said...

Awesome.
When it comes to names, I like to browse the social security site. It will list the top 1000 names of both boys and girls. You know if you use one of the top 10 or 20 then you're using something a little too popular. The further you get from #1, the more unique. All my kids names fall in the 200's for some reason. good luck. http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Marci said...

Congratulations! I think it's great you are going to be surprised.

K+C=M+K said...

Congratulations Taryn!! Wow, that is such exciting news! That's fun that you aren't going to find out the sex- I don't think I could wait that long! Good luck with everything, hope you aren't feeling sick. COngrats again!

the other Sampsons said...

Congratulazioniii (:

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/browse-by-alphabet.html

that's what I've been doing the past couple hours... and the past couple days and I just had to laugh once I red your blog (:
And no I'm not pregnant.. (:

love u N(:

Kristin and Jay said...

Congrats!! I also think you are crazy for waiting! I wouldn't be able to stand it!

Amber said...

That is the most exciting news!!! Congrats you guys...and way to go on not finding out about the gender...I am way, way too anxious to not find out but I hear that gives you extra motivation through the labor!!! Please keep us posted!
You are going to be an awesome mommy!

Tanis said...

i always loved the name brevan... but cam nixed it and i guess its kinda close to brendon so that probably wouldn't work.

Chelsi said...

WHAT!!! Oh my gosh I started crying when I read it. I am such a baby!! COngratulations I am so excited for you guys!! You will be such an awesome mom. What a lucky little one. That is good that you are feeling so good. I got sick with both of mine around 8 weeks till about 4 months!! So that is so good! I bet your husband is so excited. You guys are crazy not to find out. There is no way I can;t wait till find out!! I need to know how to plan. Well congrats again there is nothing more exciting. I am so happy for you guys!!!

Paul and Deborah Speed said...

I am so so so happy for you, Taryn. You'll be the best mommy ever.

Melissa said...

Congrats you guys!!! That's so exciting! Wish you were closer so our little ones could hang out/hook up. :) I hope everything's going great for you in Cali!

Amanda said...

Congrats Taryn! I am so happy for you two.

Ashlee said...

That is wild you are not finding out. What a fun 9 months this will be. If I had a guess I would say boy, but that is just my gut feel. As for names, I think you will find the perfect name.

Brittany said...

Brendon and Taryn,

Congratulations! I know when people tell you "I am excited for you!" it doesn't really mean a whole lot, but trust me, I am excited for you!

Brittany