Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowmobiles and Christmas Trees

Saturday we took a short family trip up to the snow. It was only about an hour drive to Butte Meadows, where we parked the trailer and unloaded the sleds. I had not yet had the chance to ride the snowmobiles since my parents bought them a few years ago, and I really loved it. Not that that was any surprise. My family loves big toys!
My brother Justin and his littlest girl Gracie posing on the sled.
The older two of Justin's children had so much fun riding the snowmobiles with Grandpa. Cole wanted to go slower and Rylee wanted to go faster.
Me and Tiffany took a long ride by ourselves enjoying the back snowy roads.
We drove up into Christmas tree cutting area and h iked around to find the perfect tree. Then we chopped it down. Ok, so I wasn't much help in that department...just kind of supervised.

In case you can't tell behind the masks that's my brother, Cody, and me.
My niece Rylee and I made a snowman with Grandpa's help. Don't laugh at how pitifully small it is...it wasn't good snowman snow. We had the hardest time getting the snow to pack together.
Brendon is still in Hong Kong so he missed out on the fun. But he arrives home tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited to have him home. Ten days is a long time to be without a husband.

7 comments:

Marci said...

Sounds like fun! You could borrow some of our snow, we have about a foot.

Jaden J. Petersen said...

hi Taryn,

Sorry to confuse everyone I am 17 weeks but yes you can find out that early if your doctor will do an ultrasound. I will still have my 20 week ultra sound where they do all the checking but it's nice to know early what we are having. PS I just found out that you and I have the same boy named picked out. We were going to name Jaden Preston but changed our minds so we may use it this time great if you do too. Love ya.

Ryan and Christina said...

I am glad you are having fun I miss you!

The Bertagna's said...

Looks like your having so much fun! Miss you!

Charlee said...

Hey Taryn, Looks like you've had a wonderful holiday! Congratulations on being pregnant! That's so exciting!

Charlee said...

Hey Taryn, Looks like you've had a wonderful holiday! Congratulations on being pregnant! That's so exciting!

LC said...

Taryn, I haven't looked at your blog in a while and just pulled it up this morning to see that you are expecting!!! Congratulations! I have always though that you would make the best mom, and so do my kids. Hyatt has said that to me on several occasions (I think he wanted you to be HIS mom on a few occasions) We are so excited for you! Good for you on not finding out the gender, it takes all of the fun out of it when you do, but you are going to get so much pressure from everyone around you... get ready. Hope you are feeling great!