Monday, July 06, 2009

Cravings

People have asked me my whole pregnancy if I've had any cravings. I would have to say not really. Actually, the only few times I thought I would just die if I didn't have something it was for fresh, raw veggies - so I drove to the closest salad bar and loaded up.
But - during my pregnancy there have been foods that sounded really yummy and I left myself give in more often than I would have if not pregnant. Nothing crazy here, people...I tried to be somewhat healthy/restrictive...but I also thought it was fun to live a little.

My first trimester this is what always sounded good:
After my first trimester ended, my sweet tooth returned and these sounded amazing the rest of my pregnancy:

And now that it is hot outside and Palo Alto doesn't believe in installing air conditioning units in apartments I have allowed myself to have one of these a few times a week. I am sure they are terrible for me - but they sure cool me down from the inside out!

4 comments:

Rissa and Jared said...

slurpees are a staple in the Jared/Rissa Gunderson diet. we're pathetic.
spa weekend looked fabulous! loved the Sausalito restaurant. can't wait for him to arrive!!

Marci said...

Wow, those cravings are pretty conservative. I guess that's way you still look fabulous. Good luck over the next few days. I'm excited for you.

Brittany said...

French fries were also a huge craving of mine during my first trimester. I don't think I've had any since my second trimester started.

By the way, I'm jealous you guys got to eat at the Spinnaker! My parents are from SF and we've been going to that place for years -- one of my favorites!

the other Sampsons said...

wow! what can I say.. your craving number 1 is my craving of LIFE!! hahaha.. yea fryes fryes!!!
You look fantastic! Can't wait to see the little one:)