Thursday, August 23, 2007

Finally Finished

If you remember a few months ago I signed up for a quilt block exchange with some awesome ladies in Idaho. Little did I know when I signed up that this would turn out to be the busiest, fastest summer of my life! I was quite stressed about getting my 16 quilt blocks done on time, and done well, so as not to dissapoint any of my quilt block exchange ladies. Well, I am super excited that I finished last night (ok, so I didn't start until Monday night because I've been on vacation and trying to balance working two jobs) and they are in the mail! And I don't think they turned out too bad for a first-timer. I have already received 7 other blocks from ladies and they are cute. I think it's going to be super cute when it's finished. Here's to falling in love with yet another hobby I don't have time for!

Here's one of my 16 squares...

and here's all 16 of them...

...these are some of the quilt square I've received from fellow quilt exchangers. They look amazing! In hindsight I wish I would have used fabrics with smaller prints and more contrast. It's so hard to tell when you're ordering fabric online! Darn.

4 comments:

Jolanda said...

Looks good! I am dying to start making quilts, I have seen so much cute fabric and I would love to have them in my house. What are your favorite fabric websites???

Hatch Family said...

I wish I would have done the exchange! I jsut didn't know how much time I would have with my boys! Now I am dying to learn how to quilt!

Anonymous said...

They are looking so cute. I can't wait to get yours in the mail.

Michelle said...

Thanks for your cute block. I hope you had fun... I sure did, but any time I'm quilting I'm having fun.