Friday, December 14, 2007

It's That Time Again

Brendon took his mom to the White House Christmas party last night. She was completely thrilled!

I didn't get many details about the event out of Brendon (granted he was exhausted because he had to go back to work afterwards), but Jeri had plenty to say about the party. An avid people watcher, she was surprised that her attention was captured more by the decor (her second love) and she said she just sat around trying to figure out how she could recreate all of it in her home.

Jeri shares my feelings in that there is just something magical about being there...you just don't want to leave when the party is over. She has no recollection of what she said when she shook the hand of the President - which I can understand because I was totally "starstruck" last year when I took my picture with him. He is absolutely charming!

1 comment:

Rissa and Jared said...

aw, so nice of you to give up your ticket so mom could go! I love the people watching and decorating comments--totally Jeri.