Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Eye Candy

I guess I hadn't really ever spent much time in the Natural History Smithsonian. I went to see this....(the Hope Diamond)...
and also oogled over this amazing crown that belonged to Marie Antionette (if I remember correctly)...
... or maybe it was this treasure that belonged to Marie A. Either way...I wouldn't complain if I owned either of them. They are both like a million bazillion carats of diamonds.
...the minerals were also fun. When I was a little girl I used to collect quartz crystal when we would go on motorcycle trips to Nevada. I thought I was going to be rich from all the "crystal" I was collecting. Imagine if I had seen this...I would have retired right then and there...as a 7 year old :)


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oooh, I just love the jewels. How neat to see them up close and personal. That crown is amazing. Can you imagine wearing it on your head! It must weigh a ton. You gotta love museums!

Rissa and Jared said...

the jewels are amazing, i'm totally jealous of My Fair Lady, the restaurant looks like a blast...I really wanna bring Jared out soon! we'll see if we can make it happen

Hatch Family said...

WOW! How cool to be able to see such neat things! I need to come and visit you so I can see all the fun stuff you get to see.