Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know...I'm three days late...but you'll have to forgive me...the Merkley's have been bed-ridden with the flu. B and I had good intentions to celebrate New Year's Eve with his family at a fabulous dinner theatre event...but by intermission he couldn't take it any longer and we went straight home to bed and slumbered right through the ringing in of the New Year.

So I have yet to really set any goals for 2008 aside from the annual "lose a few pounds" goal that everyone claims.

For now I'm going to celebrate the goals I did accomplish in 2007:

*Learn to drive our stick shift car (SCARY for me!)...I must admit my heart still races a tiny bit when I'm stopped at a light on an incline...but I can even handle rush hour traffic in Georgetown now so I will consider this goal accomplished!

*Find a broker and start using my real estate license...this one was scary as well for me and I must admit I shed a few tears of frustration at times...but now I am quite a busy little Realtor and I do enjoy the extra money even if I don't like sacrificing all extra time.

*Learn to sew...The only resolution I set that wasn't scary for me and truly enjoyable. I knew some of the basics of sewing...but I had only ever sewn one item with a pattern before...had never sewn a button hole or a zipper...and really hadn't sewn anything in at least 5 years. Thank goodness for web tutorials! I now feel pretty confident about my sewing skills, so I'll consider this goal accomplished as well...although I would love to take some sewing classes to polish my skills.

There are a few other lofty goals I set last year that I did not make any progress on...but hey, I'm going to focus on the positive!

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Taryn,
I ran across a website that I thought you would be interested in. It is called olive juice and company. I didn't write down the exact address, but do a yahoo search, and you will find it. It sells aprons, and they are pretty darn cute. Let me know if you can not find it.

Nicki

Rissa and Jared said...

hope you guys start feeling better! way to go on the stick shift--i always say I'm gonna learn and never stick with it.

Christina said...

What web tutorials did you use for sewing? I need to get back into sewing, but I don't know where to start!

K+C=M+K said...

Hi! I'm excited that I can read your blog again, not sure why I wasn't able to for a while.. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and congratulations on your awesome goals you accomplished this year! Stick shift still scares me, and how great that you are staying busy doing real estate- good for you! You look AWESOME Taryn, I don't think you need to lose any weight, and I love how long your hair is getting, you're so cute!