Sunday, October 19, 2008

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

Saturday we took a trip to San Francisco with the in-laws...and we all went our separate ways for a few hours to get some things done that we each wanted to do. My choice of activity was fabric shopping at Britex Fabrics.

I knew it was going to be good, but holy smokes this store was amazing. There were four floors of amazing fabric eye candy. One entire floor was devoted to trims...amazing buttons, ribbons and vintage lace. I was overwhelmed by the possibilities, but I did walk away with a beautiful embroidered yellow silk. Stay tuned to see what I decide to make with it.

8 comments:

Dale & Lynn Leishman said...

Sounds great Taryn!! Hope your weekend was wonderful!

Rachel said...

It is so great when you find stores full of the things that you love. How fun.

Melanie said...

I'm hopping on the next flight. You found the fabric Mecca

Tanis said...

i love their fabrics, mom tried to find their store in ny when she was visiting kaycee but couldnt... im no sewing girl but i love to find fabrics for other people to sew for me :)

Marci said...

Mom and I love to find fabric stores. That one sounds amazing.

Hatch Family said...

WOW! What a store! Sounds like lots of fun to me!

sara e.a.* said...

i LOVE britex fabrics!!! i so wish that they had an online inventory. that's so cool that you got to spend some time there. it's a dangerous place!!! ;)

so yes, pillow from pottery barn. i love pillows. like shoes, i'm constantly having to use restraint!!!

kell-bell said...

I am crazy about that store, I especially love the 3rd or 4th floor, the one every color of embellishments and ribbons!