Wednesday, November 05, 2008

My Super Easy Sunday Meal

Now...I don't usually do cooking posts...because I am by no means a chef...not even an aspiring one. My idea of a great meal is one that takes less than 5 ingredients to make :)

Sunday I decided to use the yellow curry simmer sauce we bought at Trader Joe's (love TJ!). I chopped up two pork chops and three potatoes and threw them in the crockpot (on low) with one can of light coconut milk. After three hours I added a bottle of yellow curry simmer sauce and left it all in the crockpot for about 3 hours more. I whipped up some whole grain couscous (having a new love affair with couscous by the way...I've never really cooked with it before) and the meal turned out more delicious than I could hope for from a 5 ingredient meal. I encourage you to try it if you're lazy like me.

Now...do any of you have great couscous recipes (think simple!) that I need to try??

5 comments:

Candice said...

Hey Taryn! I saw this link on facebook, and am finally getting into the world of blogging myself - so fun :) I don't have any clever couscous recipes, I usually just cook it with chicken broth instead of water, and add some minced shallots and carrots. My newest love is quinoa which you may also enjoy...

Caroline said...

Funny thing! I made coconut curry on Sunday too. :) I am going to have to try that sauce from tj's.

Ashley said...

Yum, this sounds so yummy. And you not a gourmet cook? I don't believe you! :)

Ashlee said...

Love it. Thanks for the sweet intro to TJ. I am thinking I will be a frequent visitor. Thank you for the recipe idea. Gonna try it.

The WIlloughby Family said...

Hey Taryn, I saw your blog on Candice's blog so I thought I would say hi. You look like you are happy and I see you got married. Fun! Life is crazy and goes by way too fast! I love the pics your hubby has taken, they are beautiful! It looks like you guys had a fabulous year for vacationing! I'm jealous! Anyway, take care, it is fun to see your blog!

Jess (old roomie) :)