Thursday, January 08, 2009

Blah-gging

Sadly, sometimes I'm just not that into it. I try to be - I think "What has happened lately that people would want to hear about?" and I don't come up with anything. But just so you know the Merkleys are not dead I'll post.

Here are a few highlights from the past weeks:

*I started work finally! It is still very few hours and very part time...but it was nice to start. I am tutoring small children in reading at a learning center.

*We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. That was every bit as thrilling as people say it will be. I was a teency bit relieved - my body hasn't changed a bit and I really haven't had many symptoms. Part of me wondered if there really was a baby in there afterall, or if somehow a grain of rice had snuck into that initial ultrasound and tricked us.

*I'm being a rebel and not setting any goals this year. This is going to be a crazy year and I just want to get through it healthy and happy.

*Christmas break was wonderful and nice to get away, but it feels good to be home in Palo Alto where I'm walking and crafting with my girlfriends again.

Ok...shame on me...I'll try to be a better blogger now.

6 comments:

The Bertagna's said...

exciting news about the job, sounds like life is great!

Paul and Deborah Speed said...

I like your idea of no New Year's goals. You'll probably accomplish far more than the rest of us simply because you won;t be laden down with the guilt of not living up to what we thought we could do!

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

I've given up on blogging about anything anyone else wants to hear. It was great to be with you two for New Years! How do you like the reading tutoring? Remember if you ever need to complain about pregnancy, I'm your girl! Congrats on your work.

Rissa and Jared said...

great job on the job (that sounds weird). and i think the last time i made a new years resolution was 1995ish. i don't get them.

Caroline said...

Getting through the year happy and healthy is a resolution. :)

Rachel said...

That sounds like a really good job. Sometimes it is hard to get into a blogging mode. Thanks for the Christmas card, some year I will actually get Christmas cards out:)