Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yikes Stripes

Beckham is moving to a big boy room to make room for baby sister (coming in just 6 weeks!!). I desperately wanted to do his room in horizontal stripes, and thanks to my awesome husband and father in law I got what I wanted.
Brendon doesn't really enjoy painting, and groans every time I mention a new painting project - but the irony is he's a fantastic, detail oriented painter. Which means he's always the one painting.
Brendon's dad is equally talented in the painting department, and so generous with his time and talent. He has done the majority of the painting in our house. We owe him big time!!


I love how it turned out! Now just a few more accessories and decorations and Beckham's room will be set.

13 comments:

Jolanda said...

So cute! I've been trying to get Allie's room done too. It's taking forever! So lucky Brendan's a good painter, Rob's the opposite, he's willing to help but I don't think I would let him touch a paint brush in our house (he's not so detailed) :)

Ashlee said...

Wow! Love it! Great job team Merkley!

Dale & Lynn Leishman said...

Brendon is a good detailed painter, not to mention he's so tall that he doesn't need a ladder!! ha ha. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is such a cute little boy's room for our loveable Beckham!!The red looks great in there! What a fun idea with the stripes! So sweet of Al too.

K+C=M+K said...

It looks fantastic!!!! Great paint job! Love it!:) 6 weeks??!! Yikes!

Rachel said...

I love it. It turned out great.

Amber said...

Love, love, love the stripes. I have khaki stripes in my entry way. I am a fan! I also know the amount of work it takes. What a labor of love!!!

rissa said...

Please bring the painting parade down to my house! I want stripes and need help. It turned out ah-mazing.

Melanie said...

Oh Taryn, I could not love it more! I am going to live vicariously through you for decorating since you have your own house. So beautiful!!


I loved catching up with your yesterday. Thanks for calling.

Anonymous said...

His room is adorable and I can't believe you only have 6 more weeks! I have 4 1/2 weeks until my due date.

Amanda said...

Ooh, I love it too! Those horizontal stripes look amazing.

Chelsi said...

It turned out so cute i love it!!

Unknown said...

oh i love it!!! makes me miss deacon's stripes in his first nursery. :( love the red in there!

julieb said...

this looks sooo good!
Love love it!
I'm a big fan of stuff like this, and wallpaper, but cool wallpaper, not country time crafty mom wall paper...