Monday, June 18, 2007

Oh dear...John Deere!




Anyone who knows me knows 1. I am a planner, and 2. my plans change often. I am most excited about my most recent life plan, however, and I am hoping this one will actually work out.


My dad told us there is a plot of land in Gridley, CA (my home sweet hometown) that is being leased out currently, but my dad talked to the landowner about possibly buying his land. Dad is willing to sacrifice this one-of-a-kind deal and let Brendon and I have it...so if all works out we are going to be landowners/walnut farmers in good old Gridley!


So the master plan is to plant a walnut orchard on the land and clear away a few trees and build our dream home among the walnut trees... and take over my mom's dance studio (since we would have reason to believe that we are going to be in Gridley for the long term if we actually buy a farm there).


And then our son(s) will drive around adorable "tractors" like this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!! can we join in on this little northern california fantasy?

Hatch Family said...

WOW! That sounds so nice! I wish we would end up in our home town but we will just have to wait and see where life takes us :-) miss ya!