Thursday, November 08, 2007

Surprise!

Last night I flew into Phoenix and surprised my brother and sister in law. My mom knew I was coming (she is also visiting them) so she snuck away to pick me up. They were shocked when I showed up with Mom.

Trina gave birth to baby Gracie today so we went to visit her with the kiddos in the hospital, then we took them back home and have been entertaining them all day.

Tonight I am watching Rylee (4) and Cole (2) while Justin is at the hopsital with Trina. If you haven't played with a 4 year old and 2 year old in a while...let me tell you you are missing out.

After I told them "horsey" was too tired to let them ride me around the house any longer Rylee insisted we play 'duck duck goose'. Duck duck goose is quite amusing with a 4 year old that doesn't quite understand the rules of the game, and a 2 year old who has no idea what he's doing. Cole plopped one "Duck" on my head and then ran around screaming like a crazy person.

Then we played hide and go seek. I 'seeked' first and did the obligatory "where are you...I can't find you" for about 5 minutes before I found them in their painfully obvious spots that only a 2 and 4 year old can think are hidden. When it was my turn to hide I tried to find a place that would be easy for them to find me so I jumped on top of the top bunk. Surprisingly they didn't find me for a while and went outside of the bedroom to look for me. I heard them look around downstairs and they finally came back upstairs to the bedroom and Rylee said "Where is her, Cole?" and Cole said "Her's gone". Rylee said back to him, "Yep, her's gone" and Cole made a face like he was going to cry and said, "Sad!" Ha ha! Coming from a 2 year old it was hilarious. I guess maybe you had to be there.

Aunt Taryn got ahold of Cole's hair...but his faux hawk only lasted a few minutes before he ruined it rough-housing :(

4 comments:

belle black said...

what a sweet aunt you are! i bet they are so excited to have tou there. i have a 2 yr. old nephew named cole, too! cute kiddos.

Jolanda said...

Cole looks like a mini Justin.

cody said...

I love the pictues of his fetchin fohawk. They are some good looking kids. Im jealous that you are out there with all of them. You guys must be having so much fun.

Trina said...

You are such a good story teller! That was hilarous! The kids loved having your here and miss you terribly now that your gone, as do the rest of us. Thanks so much for coming and all the help you were taking care of and playing with the kids. We couldn't ask for more! We love you, horsy!