Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Favorite New Sport

One of the highlights of the family reunion last week (at least for me - b) was learning to wakesurf. Thanks to the expert instruction from cousin Colin, after a couple days and just two trips on the boat I was doing this:

It's an incredible feeling - very different from wakeboarding. It's tricky to get your feel for the balanced sweet spot on the wake but otherwise it's effortless compared to wakeboarding. The wake keeps you pushing forward rather than dragging through the water on a rope. Closest I've ever come to surfing. Maybe it will make learning to surf for real that much easier.

Anyway, it was fun to chalk up one minor athletic accomplishment that week after the embarrassment I suffered during the 18 holes of golf with all the guys earlier in the week.

2 comments:

Rissa and Jared said...

brendon went golfing?? what the...? we were at the lake all day saturday and my body still aches from wakeboarding--wakesurfing sounds like a sweet alternative!

K+C=M+K said...

How fun! Congrats to you girl that you can do that! It looks hard! I haven't had the chance and actually suck pretty bad at wake boarding. Our latest thing is tandem surfing on our long board- that is a good time! You'll have to come out and visit and we'll go out together!