Wednesday, March 05, 2008

So Little Time

Whenever I see a dress or clothing item that I like, I save it on my computer and put it in my "to sew" folder. If you only knew how extremely large my "to sew" folder is! If only the days were longer (or more specifically the evenings...those darn evenings go by WAY too fast). Anyway, today I was just browsing through that "to sew" folder, discouraged by how many cute things I have that I want to attempt *sigh*, and I saw this dress that I added this past winter when looking for holiday-ish dresses: The funny thing is...I now own this dress. I had totally forgotten I had seen and loved it previously. A few weeks ago when I told you I had scored some major finds at Nordstrom Rack (including the brown silk BCBG dress I altered) I also picked this dress up for $25. What a bargain!! I know, you are so jealous of my successful shopping trip! He he. The only downside is that Brendon says he won't be seen with me in my "bedazzled" dress. Fancy dress up girls night anyone??



I know it looks a little short...I'm letting out the hem. Kayla, I will also get around to letting out the hem in your dress as well...I promise. I also remembered this dress in my "to sew" pile. No...I didn't find this one at Nordstrom Rack unfortunately...so I'll have to start from scratch. I really don't have anywhere to wear it right now, so I probably won't make it...but isn't it lovely?

4 comments:

Jolanda said...

That black one is really cute.
You always seem to have a ton of fancy white house events to go to and wear a dress like that to.

The Bertagna's said...

haha...I love the bedazzled!! so funny! Thanks for the help on the dress :)

Shelbi said...

ahhh yes!! I remember the day we thought that we'd make everything out of old jeans and that everyone at ricks would buy them... we'd collect jeans for nothing and sell our masterpices for $$ :) and now... :) so fun!!
Good luck with all of your esty stuff!! I'm looking forward to seeing them all!!

Unknown said...

Taryn, I love that black dress! Who cares if you don't have anywhere to wear it..........with a dress like that you will make somewhere to wear it. I say attempt it in your free time (ha ha, what free time huh?.