Monday, March 31, 2008

Welcome To DC

We definitely had a touristy weekend! We had two sets of visitors with us, and it was great.
Saturday Brendon and I took my mom and sister to Georgetown for some shopping. Tiffany had some Easter money burning a hole in her pocket, and my mom had never seen my favorite store, Anthropologie. After we had shopped to exhaustion, we took Tiffany, Mom, Fernando, and Sharon (Seminario) on the West Wing tour. They were all thoroughly impressed and got lots of great pictures.
Brendon had to stay behind and work for a while, so we walked over to the Washington Monument to check out the kite festival, and then over to the Jefferson Monument to see all the cherry blossoms. This week is the Cherry Blossom Festival and they look beautiful. Unfortunately, that also means that tourists have taken over our town even more than usual and it is just unbelievably crowded! But still fun.
We thought Mount Vernon was a good Sunday appropriate activity, and we learned about George Washington's heroism and beautiful estate. We were even privileged enough to see his 200 year old dentures, although I'm not so sure that's a privilege! But I guess amazing that they have lasted that long.
After that we packed up my mom and sister and drove them to the airport. We said goodbye to the Seminarios this morning, and Merkley Hotel is closed one day for cleaning until our next guests come tomorrow evening. We really do enjoy having so many visitors!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Gorgeous pictures!
b.t.w. - shopping at anthropologie is a really great way to go bankrupt!

S&F Seminario said...

We miss you guys! GREAT BLOG. I'm glad I'm allowed to read it now. :)

Jen & Johnny said...

How fun!!! Johnny and I were there this time last year and looking at your pictures of the cherry blossoms reminded me of how beautiful it was there!!! We need to come see you guys again!!! How fun your mom and sis came to visit!!! Looks like you had a blast!!!

Trina said...

I love, love, love your pink jacket! Where can I get one?! Wish I could have been there with you guys. I talked to your mom and it sounded like a fun girly time. Super fun!