Friday, January 16, 2009

Bye Bye W.

I found this quote on our friend Millie's blog and I had to share it. It is so poignant and true and I cried while reading it, knowing that this chapter in our lives is truly over now.

"The White House, with all its pressures, intrigues, triumphs, betrayals, joys and disappointments, is the most special place you ever will work. Look out the gates at the people who slow their gait as they pass, trying to get a glimpse of someone -- anyone. They know what you're likely to forget. You're blessed…Leave no room for regrets -- for someday, in the not-so-distant future, you will be back where you started: On the sidewalk with the other folks, gawking at that grand, glorious, mysterious place -- where Lincoln walks at night, and our highest hopes and dreams reside.”
-Tony Snow, Former White House Press Secretary
Advice to new Bushies from a Washington "insider", January 2001

*Sigh*

3 comments:

Jen & Johnny said...

I clicked on Millie's blog and saw that it is a girl that I grew up with in Glendora!! How weird is that!!! She is such a beauty and a GREAT girl!!! Fun that you guys know her!! How did you guys meet??? Did she help write speeches like your hubby did?

Michelle & Matt's Clan said...

I like that.

Ty and Kenz said...

taryn congrats on being pregnant! that is so great! Being the mom is the best thing ever! And if i had a girl I would definitley be ordering one of your adorable dresses! But ty wouldn't be too happy if I played dress up with max! I have a blog but it is private so if you email me at sweetswan03@hotmail.com i will add you if you want! Congrats!
McKendra