Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Another Trip to the Farm

Two weekends ago we took a trip up to Gridley to hang out with my parents. Saturday Brendon and my dad took their last snowmobiling trip of the season. The doctor advised me not to go, so my mom and I enjoyed a girl's day out with some friends.

We had some friends from Stanford join us and Sunday after church we visited my cousin's "petting zoo". Aparently they have goats, emus, miniature ponies, sheep, chickens, horses, turkeys and bunnies. Lots of the animals had had babies just that week so we "ooh"ed and "awe"ed holding the day old goats and bunnies.

Brendon can't make a trip to the farm without driving the tractors, so he and his friend Ryan helped my dad plant 30 fruit trees of every kind. My parents are taking "provident living" advice seriously, and I cannot wait until the summers when there is more fruit than we can possibly eat.


Monday we toured my dad's semi-new walnut cracking/processing facility. We had to wear awesome hair nets, but it was totally worth it. The machinery is enormous and very impressive. Amazing how many walnuts it can process in minutes.

The rest of the trip we hung around the house riding motorcycles and golf carts and taking our little girl visitors to dance class.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That little bunny is SO cute! I love that I can see your little belly in the picture, but you have to post some more belly pictures, especially since you said you've grown. I am so excited for you!

Ashley said...

I see a slight picture of a belly in one of those pictures! ;) You still BARELY look pregnant though!

Melanie said...

I'm on a roll with comments. Can't stop now!