Saturday, May 02, 2009

This Blog Will Not Only Be About Our Baby

Ha! That was sarcasm. Being one of the last of my friends to join motherhood, I've heard lots of them claim that their blog would not just become a picture album of their baby's every move...they would still be exciting and interesting to other people. But lets be honest...a blog is about your daily life. And my daily life is now going to be all about baby. Will I have time to do anything that other would find interesting? I guess time will tell.

Other moms have told me that as a parent you can just sit and stare at your baby for hours. So obviously we think our baby is more exciting than others think he is. Case in point, last night he was kicking my stomach and leaving his foot extended. Bren and I played little games with him poking his foot until he pulled it back...then he would do it again. We got such a kick out of playing with him. Now if we think that's exciting...are the rest of you all dying from boredom yet?

And now...another thing that most of you will find boring...except maybe our parents. Here is a 3d picture of our little guy. I have this awesome (part time job #3) deal where Siemens pays me to "model" for them. Sometimes they need pictures/scans of certain parts of a fetus...or sometimes they need someone to demonstrate their 3d ultrasound equipment on. So far I've been able to go in 3 times in the last 2 weeks to get 3d video of our baby. He never feels like really cooperating...so it's quite a blocked view as he is pushed right up against the placenta wall. But you can kind of get a feeling for what his lips and nose look like. Maybe he'll be a cutie.

6 comments:

Hatch Family said...

He is totally adorable. 3-D ultrasounsd are so cool! I was really surprised at how alike the boys really did look in their 3-D ultrasound. Guess I didn't think they would turn out the same :-)

Tanis said...

Taryn, hes a Leishman so of course he will be a cutie!! we dont do ugly!!!

Dale & Lynn Leishman said...

He already looks beautifull, even pusehed against the placenta wall! I like Tanis's comment!! Leishmans' don't do ugly!

Jeri said...

Handsome as all get out!

Trina said...

do no you not love, love, love 3d! It has to be one of the coolest modern inventions! and of course, he's adorable!

Unknown said...

Taryn, he looks so cute!!! Those little pouty lips look so kissable!!!! I can't wait to meet him!