Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Under The Tuscan Sun

This weekend Brendon, Beck and I had a Tuscan getaway. Saturday morning we drove to Siena and stayed in beautiful Villa Dievole - a gorgeous winery out in the country. The scenery was everything I imagined Tuscany to be, and one of my favorite places in Italy I have seen so far. We did the wine tour (people kind of look at you funny when you're not actually drinking during the tour), relaxed, and ate delicious food!

Sunday we went into town (Siena) and toured around. It is the most adorable town! The walkways are narrow and pedestrian only - it reminded me of Venice but without the waterways. We were lucky to be entertained by a parade of sorts while we lounged in Il Campo (the famous and bustling piazza). On the drive home from Siena we stopped quickly at the hill town of Orvieto. We got there just as the sun was going down, but had time to enjoy the amazing view off the cliffs as well as tour the beautiful Duomo.







Siena Duomo
Orvieto Duomo

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Siena is my most favorite place! Brett loved Orvieto. I remember a lot of angst driving to Siena late at night--we were out of gas and Bren wasn't sure that we could find a gas station open that late... (we did!)

Chelsi said...

I am so jealous that you get to do all this traveling. Little beckham is a lucky little guy. Looks like fun and it is beautiful!!