Thursday, October 04, 2007

Homecoming

I found out yesterday that my little sis was chosen as a Homecoming Queen candidate. So immediately I started searching for dresses. There are some UGLY formals out there. But I found this dress that I love:
Not "love" for me to wear...but for a 17 year old girl I think it's perfect! Besides the fact that it is designer (and thus $$$$)...it's also a little immodest. So I pumped my mom up and told her we could make it (with a little less skin showing). And by "we" I meant her. I so wish I lived in California so I could help!!

I googled around and found some zebra print crepe gorgette and sketched out a couple of alternate bodice patterns. I think it's going to look stunning! Everyone cross your fingers. Good luck mom!

Now I'm off to look for shoes. Thank goodness for online shopping!




3 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

Tiffany would definately look cute in that dress. She's got such a cute little dancers bod. Good luck on making it. You guys are so amazing!

Melissa said...

Fun fabric! I love it! She'll look amazing in it.

Tawnia said...

It is so fun that you like to sew. I still love it and wonder why. I don't get to do it so much lately. I am working on using up my scrapes by making quilts and might do another denim quilt. Fun wedding gifts.