Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Skirt Saga

Remember how a while ago I posted about the 'skirt that tried to kill me' because it took me such a long, frustrating time to finish it? Little did I know when I wrote that post that there would be another skirt that would try to kill me...and would get as far as to send me to the ER. This is the skirt I was working on when I swallowed the dreaded straight pin:


(front view)


(back view...fluted)

I would definitely say the skirt was not worth all the hassle. And when we get our benefits statement from our health insurance, I dare say Blue Cross would not think it was worth it (oh the amount of designer skirts I could buy for the price of 24 hours in the emergency room). But putting emergency room visit aside, I do like how the skirt turned out. I made up my own pattern for it (psuedo-copying from a skirt I already own and love) and thankfully it turned out just fine.

4 comments:

Holly & Kasey said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I absolutly LOVE that skirt! You have inspired me to dig out my sewing machine and begin sewing again!

Hatch Family said...

way cute. way to go Tar!

Mandy said...

Yes, probably not worth it but dang cute. Good job!!

Amanda said...

I don't know Taryn, that skirt is pretty darn cute. I think it just might have been worth it.