Monday, June 09, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Friday night we gave our last White House tour. I will miss this magical place.




On our last Saturday in DC, Brendon and I rented paddle boats at the tidal basin and reminisced about all our good memories here. I hope meeting me is on the top of his good memories in DC list :)




(note: please pardon the lack of makeup...it topped a sweltering, humid 100 degrees this weekend).



Sunday we drove to the Jefferson Monument to say our goodbyes to the founding fathers. Then we cruised through Georgetown one last time.

It sure is hard to say goodbye ...even though we are thrilled to be California bound.

5 comments:

Jeri said...

makes me sad...

Rachel Durazzani said...

Coming out of lurkdome again. This post made me sad. I left DC almost four years ago and I still miss it. At least you'll have some INCREDIBLE memories to look back on. And your next adventure will be equally as awesome. Thanks for letting me enjoy your DC adventure with you. And good luck to you guys at Stanford...hopefully we'll join you there in 2009!

Kara said...

This makes me want to cry just thinking about having to leave Ohio (in two years), I don't want to do it!!! But if we end up in Cali we'll have automatic friends!

The Bertagna's said...

so so sad for us!!!

Unknown said...

I totally relate. I miss DC every day and I only spent 1 year there! It makes it easier now that we found a better job down here in Georgia, though. But DC will always hold a special place in my heart.