Monday, June 30, 2008

Macey Leishman

We had a theft. My dad's new 2008 Ford F250 and our Miss Garmin (sob sob) were stolen right out of our driveway last week. My entire life we've never locked our house or our cars...we live in a safe small town...and it just breaks my heart to admit that times are changing and we have to lock things now.

But there was one good thing to come out of it. My parents decided we needed another rottweiler (our last one dissapeared last year...sad!!) so Thursday night we picked up this cute little puppy.

At first we named her Juicy, but one of my brother's had a fit so we changed her name to Macey. Sometime I secretly still call her Juicy.

Bren and I love to play with her when we get home from work. She cracks us up. She's still very uncoordinated (she's only 5 weeks old) so she stumbles around like she's drunk all the time.


On a side note...we did finally retrieve my dad's truck. The thieves had ditched it in an abandoned peach orchard and someone thankfully noticed it.

5 comments:

Jolanda said...

That is so tragic! I don't know what I would do without my GPS unit! stupid thieves! By the way you look gorgeous! Inspires me to grow my hair out long again...

Marci said...

What a cute puppy! I don't know how Peder and Katie will feel about you naming your dog after their youngest (maybe it counts that it isn't spelled the same, lol). You'll have to post more pictures when she grows a little more.

Stacey said...

I'm glad you made it safely to Gridley, but I'm sorry about the drama and craziness. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see each other soon!
p.s. the new puppy is adorable.
~Stacey

K+C=M+K said...

Yeah for your new puppy!! She is so adorable! I'm be hitching on that band wagon in a few months hopefully:) That stinks that someone stole your dad's truck- when you found it was it totally bashed up or can you guys still use it? Well, any excuse for a new addition to the family is a good one I think

LC said...

That is the cutest pup ever! The boys and I are looking at the pics right now and they are all begging me for a dog, but I guess for now they have to settle for a duck. Glad you made it safe to Cali. So sad about the GPS, but glad you got the truck back. My mom had her Yukon stolen right out of her garage last year, but the cops tracked the thieves down with the Onstar and caught them! Pretty funny!