Thursday, June 05, 2008

VIP Treatment



Today I had the day off work and I met Brendon for lunch. His boss/superior at work wanted to treat him to a farewell lunch at The White House Mess and since he knows I've been dying to go there ever since he got his job he got them to invite me along as well.



I got the serious VIP treatment and I was allowed to park on State Place (inside the Secret Service gates). I met Brendon at his office, and we walked over to the West Wing together. After a quick tour of some of the offices I hadn't yet seen in the West Wing we were joined by his coworkers and found our way to The Mess. They made a right toward the Situation Room and I thought maybe we were going in there instead - but aparently there is an exclusive dining room in The Mess (only for Cabinet Members) and we were privileged to dine in that room. There were just four small tables inside - it was a very intimate setting. The only person I recognized inside was the Chief of Staff, Josh Bolten.



It was Tex Mex day at The Mess - which I'm told is the most popular day. I ate a chipotle corn bread salad, and finished it off with a delicious molten chocolate cake aptly named "chocolate freedom".



I'm so sad to think that in 8 days this will all be over!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Were there any freedom fries?

The Bertagna's said...

so fun! You have had so many awesome experiences there!