Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Newest Creation

Just so you know I'm not a TOTAL dolt when it comes to sewing...here are some pictures of the dress I finished yesterday. Ironically, it was a harder pattern than the skirt, but I just breezed through it without any problems. Well, the pleats did give me some stress, as long as we're all being honest with ourselves :) But all it took was part of a "Sewing Saturday" afternoon with Melanie and part of two glorious real estate free evenings.


*Side note* - I decided this morning that, other than the obvious reasons like (1) I am not six inches taller and (2) fifty pounds thinner, I could never be a model. It would be so awkward! Just smiling in front of my husband while he took a picture of my new dress is super awkward. I only like to be in pictures with other people. He he.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Gosh, I love our sewing Saturdays. Your dress looks amazing. So much to learn from you. You are the next Marc Jacobs/sexy supermodel.

ANJ said...

cute! i want one :)

Hatch Family said...

Way to go Tar!

cameron said...

HOLY! I AM SO IMPRESSED! I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE SO DOMESTIC..STYLISH YES..BUT DOMESTIC GIRL...YOU GOT IT ALL!

Rissa and Jared said...

bah! it really upsets me when I see people who can actually figure out a sewing machine...i hate them. get a list going of projects for bren...he'll have garage space soon enough and no more excuses!

Jamie said...

Such a cute dress! I wish I was as domestic and as talented as you!

Amanda said...

Taryn, you are amazing. I can't even imagine sewing something I would wear. Your dress is just as adorable as you. You rock!