Tuesday, September 04, 2007

One Last Hurrah

I have been very pouty/whiney about the fact that Summer is ending. I am not happy about it. This summer went by way too fast! Already the "no white after Labor Day" rule is in effect, and I feel like I didn't have enough days to wear white in the first place (good thing I'm not actually a fashion rule follower!)

To send out Summer with a bang this year, we went to Ocean City, Maryland with Nate & Mel and Jason & Rachel. We stayed in Nate's parent's beach front condo (thank you Kris & Bruce!!) and got some R&R in. We did lots of sunning and swimming, lots of reading and being lazy, and LOTS of eating! We rode some rides at the boardwalk, and got in our fill of greasy boardwalk fries and corndogs. We were all very bummed that we ran out of room in our bellies before we fit in funnel cakes and caramel corn. Maybe next time!




Rachel, Melanie & Taryn


Taryn and Brendon getting some thrills on the carnival rides.



Bruce and Kris lighting Brendon's candles. That is getting to be a lot of candles...they had a hard time lighting them all before they melted all over the cake. Ha ha. Jk Bren.

2 comments:

Jolanda said...

According to "what not to wear" you can wear white after labour day. And of course they are the experts on everything :) So I totally wear white as long as I can!
Also, you should move to Texas, we have a another two months of summer...at least left here :)

Rissa and Jared said...

looks like so much fun! I can't believe it's already September (Happy Birthday to Brendon btw) and the wedding is in October! ahh!