Monday, May 19, 2008

Berry Picking

Nate and Mel were going berry picking Saturday night, so we invited ourselves along.

This picture is an interesting representation of the difference between mine and Brendon's personalities. My basket is the one on the right and Brendon's is the one on the left. Mine is heaping full of strawberries, some better than others. Brendon's basket is quite sparse...but every strawberry is the perfect shape and color. Darn perfectionist!

He lectured me that as a farmer's daughter I should have picked only the perfect crop. I informed him that we farmers pick it all, then sort through and grade the crop after.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

where did you go berry picking??? I LOVE doing things like that and I would love to go this weekend for the holiday! Do share your depth of local knowledge. :) You can email it to me at soymelissasmith@gmail.com if you get the chance. So sad you guys are moving! Let us know if you need anything!!

Unknown said...

Ditto to Melissa's question...

Laura said...

oh i just purchased a bread machine that has a jam function, so the only thing I can think about is how I want those berries to make some jam! I plan on making those cinnamon rolls you have shared with us.