Friday, May 02, 2008

World of Fashion

Yesterday I happened upon a blog that posted about Burda World of Fashion. What is this magazine? Why have I never heard of it? It turns out it's a sewing magazine with super high-fashion patterns - about 70 patterns in each issue! I came across two patterns that I was dying to get my hands on - and aparently I'm not the only one - because I spent the better part of two days trying to find a back issue from 09/07 and everyone was sold out! I sent about a dozen emails, scoured ebay, google, and sewing websites with no luck. Finally someone emailed me back with good news...and now my issue is on it's way. I can't wait!

I am especially excited to make this tulip skirt: (in white? yellow? stripes??)
And this totally Rouland Mouret inspired dress: (I LOVE Roland Mouret!)
note: these pictures are Roland Mouret dresses...not pictures of the finished dress...but it looks a lot like it.

And other random patterns from them magazine:


1 comment:

{Erica} said...

love the skirt and dress! Don't you just love it when all the hard work searching the net pays off? Can't wait to see what you do with the patterns.