Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reading Rainbow

I think I've mentioned this before - but I LOVE to read. I would prefer a book to t.v. any minute of the day (with the exception of a lost episode with my hubby these last four days).

Some fabulous, five star page-turners I've read in the last few weeks are:
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
The Other Boelyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (which I just finished an hour ago on my lunch break...and I'm still wiping tears away [figuratively speaking]...and craving kabobs...can we go to Kabob Palace tonight honey?)

Many thanks to my favorite book screener/reviewer and personal library, Kayla, for having a never-ending supply of books for me to read.

9 comments:

Jeri said...

so glad to get a new list of reading materials! I am anxious to start A Thousand Splendid Suns. When I flew to Vegas last month, my seat neighbor was reading The Kite Runner and SOBBED through the flight. She was so embarrassed and apologized a dozen times.

Lacey* said...

So I've read 3 out of the 4 books...and I loved them all too. Especially The Pillars of the Earth..I didn't think that I would like it when I started it, I loved it!

Amanda said...

I'm with you girl. In fact, I think I'm going to cancel my cable after this week (American Idol and Grey's Anatomy finales) because I hardly watch TV and would much rather read a great book. I started thinking about how insane it is that I spend so much a month for a cable box I hardly utilize. I've been meaning to read Ken Follett's book and am happy to see that you enjoyed it. After I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns, I couldn't stop thinking about it. The characters are just so unforgettable and the story mesmerizing. I'm amazed at how well Hosseini tells a story.

The Bertagna's said...

lol love it, I love good books

cameron said...

I didn't know you heading to cali...what part? school or work?

{Erica} said...

i've read some of those and others are on my list to enjoy this summer. What would we do without books?

Erica said...

You must post what you read, I love a good recommendation!

Unknown said...

Are you a Stephenie Meyer fan?

Shelbi said...

i'M GOING TO GO TO THE LIBRARY AND RESEARVE THEM RIGHT NOW. iT EASIER FOR ME TO GO TO THE LIBRARY.COM AND HAVE THEM HOLD THEM FOR ME THEN i JUST WALK RIGHT IN AND PICK THEM UP. i CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME GOOD ONES TO TAKE ON THE CRUISE WE LEAVE IN 6 DAYS!! RIGHT NOW i'M STARTING "EAT,PRAY,LOVE" AND FINISHED A FEW OTHERS LAST MONTH I'M INTO A READING SPREE AND ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN WONDERINNG WHERE I WOULD LOOK FOR SOME GOOD ADVICE AND THEN CHECKED YOUR BLOG!! LUCKY ME. SORRY THIS IS ALL IN CAPS. LOVE YA!