Friday, May 16, 2008

T Minus Thirty Days

...until we leave Washington DC and move to California. Ahh! Nervous, excited, sad and happy all at the same time!

We already started packing...our apartment is a mess of boxes and junk right now.

I've already starting drawing a million drafts of what our "dorm" (we'll just call it that...we're living in on-campus housing and it's about that size!) will look like...how we'll lay out the furniture...exactly what boxes, baskets, and shelving I'll need to organize the closets.

Coincidentally our two best friends out here, the Bertagnas and the Williams, are both moving the same day. Melanie and Kayla were two of my closest college friends and when I left college I never thought I'd have the chance to live by them again. What a treat that we all ended up out in DC for a random couple of years!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Moving is the worst...all those piles of things you never knew you had until you had to package it in brown cardboard.

D.C. is amazing but leaving it for a great place like Cali makes it a little easier right?

The Bertagna's said...

oh that makes me sad....the days are going by so fast! We have to make sure we get a lot of each other in.