Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bargain Shopper

Bren and I went outlet shopping this weekend for a few hours. At Nordstrom Rack I found this BCBG dress in chocolate brown silk for $24.99 marked down from $258.00! Of course I had to buy it, even though it was at least 3 inches too short and I don't like the kimono sleeve look on me. Last night I got out my sewing machine and seam ripper and went to work. I let down the hem, which thankfully gave me lots of inches and I recreated the hem at knee length. I also trimmed a few inches off the sleeves and made a simple gathered cap sleeve rather than the kimono sleeves. I'll try to take pictures of it soon so you can see the changes, but I'm pretty thrilled with my bargain score.

2 comments:

Jen & Johnny said...

That is an AWESOME dress!! I can't wait to see what you did with it!! I want to be like you and create!!!!!!! Love it!!

Amanda said...

Go Taryn! I am anxiously awaiting the pictures. Your sewing skills blow my mind.