Friday, February 22, 2008

Ramblings About Embroidery

One of the crafty blogs I love to check, All Dressed In Blue, had a post about these cute emroidery patterns from Sublime Stitching. I have been thinking lately that I need to get into emroidery. I think I would love it. Here are the cute patterns I'd love to buy (don't worry honey, they're cheap).
Don't you think these would be so cute on a little boy's pillowcase (with the exception of the sexy cowgirl of course!). Stupid sexy cowgirl - who do you think you are?! He he.
Love these. But what to do with them?? Mmmm...look at the size of that rock! If I embroidered them on my future daughter's pillowcase she may never be satisfied with a ring under 5 carats.
Maybe these would be better for my future daughter's pillowcase. They're sweet. Just like my future daughter will be. My future daughter will never throw a tantrum in public or disobey me. Joking. But my sister-in-law loves to tease my brother ... because that's what he thought before they had my it's-my-party-and-I'll-cry-if-I-want-to niece. She's a riot!
I really don't know what I'd do with these ones. That doesn't stop me from wanting them though. Oh! I have a great idea! It just came to me now. What about luggage tags? I like that idea. I think I'll put this one in my cart too.

These would be perfect for next Christmas. Ornaments. Or tea towels. Or a treet skirt. Oh the possibilities.
And I just have to have these. Have to! Someone think of a great idea for me to use these on so I can justify their purchase. Thanks. I owe you one! Now if you could just convince my loving husband that my list of hobbies and projects is not fifty projects too long, and that I really do need to learn to embroider so that I can live a more fulfilling life that would be great.

4 comments:

Jen & Johnny said...

I love that paris one!!! Next baby I have will probably be a girl and I want to do her room Paris, and poodles and Eiffel Tower, etc, and I would love that in her room framed!!! I will even pay you for it!!! That is so so so cute!!!!

Shelbi said...

super cute I love the luggage tags idea one!! I have been meaning to make some but how would they be sturdy enough? that thick stiff felt maybe? if you get anyideas let e know I love embroidery!!

Erica said...

I LOVE those! I have never heard of that blog and can't wait to check it out. I have been embroidering since I was ten! I have lots and lots of patterns you must see!!

Laura said...

Hee Hee, you have now been bitten by the bug. It is some serious fun. I want the western patterns too. Can't wait to see all the great stuff you make!