Friday, February 15, 2008

Hair Help


I have long been a dry shampoo aficianado. I really try not to wash my hair daily, as the recommendation goes - but sometimes those darn roots can get a little bit oily.
Imagine my surprise when my three favorite favorite magazines (Lucky, Glamour, & Shape) all mentioned the benefits of dry shampoo (now I don't have to feel like an old folk's home resident anymore). Dry shampoo not only does the obvious (eliminates oil on dirty hair), but it also provides some texture and volume to clean hair. Because everyone knows clean hair is not very cooperative.
In Glamour magazine, Gisele's (yep...that Gisele) hairdresser says, "I sprinkle dry shampoo on her roots and shake her hair all around" to get that tousled bed head look. Shape magazine had an article dedicated to great hair tips and tricks and they also recommended adding density to fine, thin hair by sprinkling on some dry shampoo.
I might use my Sephora gift certificate to buy this dry shampoo from Ojon. Aparently it smells like coconut and vanilla, and got great reviews on its ability to boost volume and rid hair of oil.
You can also buy the colored dry hair powder from bumble & bumble. Shape magazine recommends this dry shampoo from Klorane. Or there's always the classic Pssssst that's easy on the pocketbook.

6 comments:

Holly & Kasey said...

AHH! I had no idea that this was even a real product. I am like you and try not to wash my hair every day. I would go longer if I didn't get the grease and product build up. I am going to have to order this!! Oh I am excited!

Holly & Kasey said...

On qvc.com, you can get two bottles for 37.50.

Erica said...

Oh my... I must try a dry shampoo. I have never tried it. If you get some I might have to come try a dab.. heaven knows my hair could use a little less washing and heat!!

Amanda said...

Like the other comments, I never knew such a thing existed. I'm intrigued, but a little skeptical. I will have to check it out.

Jolanda said...

I have always tried not to wash my hair everyday, but always felt like a greasy dirty person when I didn't. I am so happy to know that I am not the only one out there not washing her hair. I actually just learned from my hairdresser that curly haired curls should wash only once a week! crazy!

Anonymous said...

You may get a little carried away in Sephora as Ojon does an incredible deep hair conditioner that smells of cocoa butter - supposed to be the best in the world!