Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cake With POTUS



Brendon's boss, Bill, left to go work in the private sector, so yesterday they had a going away party for him in the Indian Treaty Room at the White House. Brendon invited me to come with him, and my boss is wonderful enough to let me sneak away for a few hours during work.

It was a wonderful reunion of sorts, since lots of people that have left the job came back to give their well wishes to Bill. Some people we hadn't seen in months, and some in years. It was a pretty small, intimate group with a few of their close friends , a few WH Senior Staff, and Brendon's office.

The President made an appearance, and it was very touching and emotional as he spoke of his appreciation for Brendon's wonderful boss. I know the President has some critics these days, but I am his biggest fan! I am convinced more people would love him like I do if they could see him speak close up, and see the twinkle in his eye, and see his adorable smile. Regardless, it was great to see him speak...and to only be about 10 feet away as well. I was beaming the whole time, with adoration written all over my face. What can I say? ...I'm a fiercely partiotic girl!

10 comments:

Erica said...

So darling! I am a fan of Pres. Bush too... I think people are hard on him. You guys look so cute!

{Erica} said...

Everyone will be hard on any president no matter what he does or who he is...that being said...I am a fan of Bush, although it has waivered a tad, but I respect him and support him as the leader of our country.

You always get to do amazing things...I live through you :)

Amanda said...

I too love President Bush. Sometimes I feel like a dying breed, so I am so happy to hear I am not alone. What an amazing opportunity you two have had.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad your site it open again! I've missed it. So I totally wanted to check out your etsy site, but the image on your sidebar wouldn't take me anywhere when I clicked on it...am I just link-dumb? You're SO amazingly talented with a sewing machine! Thanks for always visiting our blog and commenting, I love it!

Jana said...

Taryn, so glad you found us...gotta love blog world! Now we can become blog friends(we both know the husbands rarely get on this thing)!

I looove your little crafty projects. so talented!

Also, I lived in D.C. for a summer and left a little piece of my heart there...I love it and miss it and need to go back. It's been far too long.

sara e.a.* said...

holy heck-fire! i'm so glad that you found me too! YOUR life is amazing. isn't the world of blogging so wondrful?

so, i found your blog ages ago from your facebook profile. but, it was all locked, so i commented you or something so you could unlock it to me, but you never responded. so, i just thought that you hated me. ;) so glad you don't!!!

first thing i saw when i opened your blog page: "my etsy shop." i totally went straight there. you're so talented, and i love what you're doing with it! love it! i'm so obsessed with etsy. such an etsy-holic. i love buying hand-crafted goods! when i pop out some babies, you will be dressing them! deal? ok good. :)

you guys are having so many great times. jealous! i love the east coast. pres. bush is sooooo under-rated. i think his drawl is endearing. you tell him that for me, k? deal.

after i get hitched, i am utah bound for such a long and indefinite amount of time. yikes. until july 5th (for that is our date), i will be in gridley. crystal lives in utah now that she's hitched. and lacey is now a permanent resident of tulsa, ok - pretty much. they will both be in gridley for my nuptials. if you're there during that time, we should soooo get together! or in utah after july 5th - just let us know!

i love you!

BLOGGING FOREVAH!

the end. of my novel to you.

sara e.a.* said...

ps - so, how do you know bradley russell? funny town!!!!

M said...

Hey Taryn. It's interesting to hear a different perspective on Bush. I can't say that I've ever been a fan of him, but I am not a fan of most politicians. Maybe if I knew him on a more personal basis, my feelings might change.
I love, love, love what you did to that sweater! It looks like it's straight off the rack from Anthropologie.

Dale & Lynn Leishman said...

wow taryn! You forgot to tell me about this one! Pretty cool to be 10 ft from President Bush!

Rissa and Jared said...

looks so fun! you guys have sure packed a lot of these events in recently!